What personal information do we collect, and how do we get it?We collect your personal information from our hire agreements, our credit forms, or what you tell us or show us when you telephone us, visit us, or browse on our web-site. We also collect personal information from credit reporting agencies and from searches we conduct, including the PPS Register.
When you are making enquiries about our products and services, we will usually ask you for your name, your contact details including your phone number, address, and e-mail address. This helps us to contact you to answer your enquiries.
When you hire any equipment from us, we will request that you supply us with some or all of the following:
- Your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone, mobile and facsimile numbers, your company or business name to identify you, and for us to contact you.
- Details to confirm that you have the legal right and required competence to operate our equipment. This will require details of relevant licences or operator competency certificates.
- Your credit card details for the purpose of paying for your hires and purchases from us.
If you apply for a credit account with us, we may ask for the above information, as well as:
- Your bank account details.
- Trade references to allow us to assess your background; and
- If you are a company, name and address details of all directors of the company.
We do not seek to collect any sensitive information such as ethnic background, political beliefs etc.What do we use this personal information for?
All information sought is required for our business purposes, which includes:
- responding to your enquiries or requests
- to provide you with the equipment you wish to hire, and other products and services
- to help us to identify other products and services that might be beneficial to you, and to inform you about them and items of interest
- to evaluate the needs of our customers and to develop new products
- internal accounting and administration
- to protect you and us from fraud
- Direct Marketing
- Setting up an account
When you visit our website, we may collect the above information from you if you provide it to us. We may also collect logging information about web site activities (e.g. date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, your operating system etc.) using "cookies", as commonly used by most other web sites. A cookie is a packet of information that allows the hosting computer to identify and interact with you. The cookies do not identify any personal information but may provide us with statistical information that we can use to analyse our services. If your computer does not allow the placement of cookies, your navigation on our website may be restricted.
Your personal information may be shared with any members of the AK Evans Earthmoving management team. We assume we have your consent to use your personal information for the above purposes, in particular, for the purposes of sending information to you about our products and services, unless you advise us not to. If you do not want us to contact you or send you information, please let us know.
Opting OutYou may opt out of receiving promotional materials from us, by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information to parties outside the AK Evans EarthmovingAs a general principle, AK Evans Earthmoving will not provide any unrelated party (including any overseas recipients) with any personal information it has collected about you. Exceptions may occur where:
- AK Evans Earthmoving believes in good faith that you have consented;
- we use external service providers e.g. mailing houses to mail promotional material to you. The information will be provided to our external service providers on a confidential basis for the purposes of our business only, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is dealt with according to the same high standards as we use;
- a law enforcement agency, or other government agency, is exercising its legal authority and has asked AK Evans Earthmoving to provide access to that information;
- you are in default of a hire contract or other contractual commitment to us, in which case we may need to release your details and the relevant history of your transactions with us to our legal advisers, debt collection agencies, credit reference bodies, or industry associations.
- we are asked to share that information with a credit bureau or reporting agency. Other than the purposes above, we will not disclose your information unless with your consent, or as required or authorised by law.
Protecting your personal information.We store information in different ways, including hard copies and electronic form. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the personal information about you is protected from loss, misuse or alteration. We also have electronic security systems in place to protect your personal information transmitted through our web-site.
Gaining access to your personal informationYou have a right to access the personal information we store about you. If you wish to access your information, please write to us at : email@example.com. Subject to verification of your identity, we will provide you with access to any information we are holding about you as soon as practicable. We may charge you the reasonable costs of processing your request. Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, please let us know, and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Dealing with usYou can refuse to provide us with your personal information if you are making general inquiries about our products and services. However, we may not be able to answer your requests in some cases, or conduct business with you, if you refuse to disclose the personal information that we require.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme, or to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.